SHENZHEN, China, Oct. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- China Information Technology, Inc. (the " Company") (Nasdaq: CNIT), a leading provider of information technologies and display technologies based in China, today announced the official results of its 2012 Annual Meeting of Stockholders, held on Wednesday October 31, 2012 at 9:00 a.m., local time in Shenzhen, China. The stockholders voted on four proposals and cast their votes as described below:
- The stockholders elected Messrs. Jiang Huai Lin, Zhi Qiang Zhao, Yun Sen Huang, Qiang Lin and Remington C.H. Hu to the Board of Directors of the Company, each to serve until the next annual meeting of stockholders of the Company or until such person shall resign, be removed or otherwise leave office;
- The stockholders ratified the appointment of GHP Horwath, P.C. as the independent registered public accounting firm of the Company for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2012;
- The stockholders approved on an advisory (non-binding) basis, the executive compensation awarded to the Company's named executive officers as disclosed in the proxy statement for the 2012 Annual Meeting of Stockholders; and
- The stockholders adopted the agreement and plan of merger and reorganization by and among the Company, China Information Technology, Inc., a newly formed company incorporated under the laws of the British Virgin Islands that is currently a wholly owned subsidiary of the Company (" CNIT BVI"), and China Information Mergerco Inc., a newly formed Nevada corporation that is currently a wholly owned subsidiary of CNIT BVI (" Merger Sub"), pursuant to which Merger Sub will merge with and into the Company, with the Company surviving the merger as a wholly owned subsidiary of CNIT BVI, and whereby each issued and outstanding share of the common stock of the Company will be converted into the right to receive one ordinary share of CNIT BVI, which shares will be issued by CNIT BVI as part of the merger (the " Reorganization").
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV