MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif., Oct. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
- New debug flows for multiple error isolation and incremental fix capabilities enable faster implementation of large FPGA designs and FPGA-based prototypes, such as Synopsys' HAPS® systems
- New constraints setup assistance for Xilinx Vivado Design Suite users eases migration to Vivado flow, improves design performance and helps avoid constraints omissions
- Triple modular redundancy and inference of error-correcting code fault-tolerant RAMs has been added for Altera devices
- Support for Achronix Speedster22i HD FPGAs delivers optimized synthesis results
Synopsys, Inc. (Nasdaq:SNPS), a global leader accelerating innovation in the design, verification and manufacture of chips and systems, today announced the latest release of the Synopsys Synplify Pro® and Synplify® Premier FPGA synthesis tools. The 2012.09 Synplify releases include new multiple error isolation and incremental fix capabilities that accelerate FPGA implementation. These features enable FPGA designers and engineers deploying FPGA-based prototypes such as Synopsys' HAPS systems to cut weeks off their design project schedules.
The 2012.09 Synplify Premier release also delivers significant enhancements for engineers targeting Altera and Xilinx FPGAs and, for the first time, includes support for Achronix Speedster 22i HD FPGAs. For engineers targeting Xilinx 7 Series devices, new automated constraints setup assistance and checking for Xilinx's Vivado Design Suite simplifies migration from the Xilinx ISE design software, saving time and enhancing quality of results. For designers targeting Altera FPGAs, the new version of the Synplify Premier tool provides high reliability capabilities, such as triple modular redundancy (TMR) and automatic inference of error-correcting code (ECC) memories. Synplify customers with all-vendor configurations of Synplify Pro and Premier can now target Achronix's Speedster22i HD FPGAs built on Intel's 22nm process technology with 3-D Tri-Gate transistors.The new hierarchical design error isolation and incremental fix capabilities in the Synplify Premier software, in conjunction with enhanced continue-on-error capability, can significantly shorten design cycles by speeding up design fixes and reducing the number of iterations needed to successfully bring-up the FPGA design on the board. These features, including TCL scripts and clock conversion and error reports, can automatically identify and isolate multiple erroneous modules and interface issues in a single synthesis run. The erroneous modules can now be exported, fixed in parallel with the main design, and then merged back into the design incrementally. In addition, enhancements to the clock conversion feature enable users to create custom reports early in the synthesis run and perform TCL script-based searches of the design database to find converted clocks. This ability to determine whether conversion completed as planned saves designers debug time and is particularly useful when initially bringing up a prototype on a board.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts