Yahoo! Inc. (NASDAQ:YHOO) and Wenner Media today announced a cross-promotional content deal designed to enhance the user experience on Yahoo!’s omg! ( http://omg.yahoo.com ), Yahoo! Music ( http://music.yahoo.com ), Us Weekly ( www.usmagazine.com ), Rolling Stone ( www.rollingstone.com ), and Men’s Journal franchises. By combining the editorial expertise and scale of these entertainment media brands, users will now have access to new and exclusive, high-quality entertainment and music news content, providing them with a more engaging way to satisfy their daily pop culture cravings.
Under this agreement, editorial teams from both companies will work closely together to co-produce a new breed of online editorial franchises around the entertainment topics users are most interested in.
In addition, Us Weekly and Rolling Stone will each have permanent branded pages on omg! and Yahoo! Music, respectively, while omg! and Yahoo! Music will have permanent branded pages on UsMagazine.com and RollingStone.com – as well as on-going placement in the Us Weekly and Rolling Stone print editions. All co-created content will be made available on these pages.
Content from Men’s Journal will also be distributed on Yahoo! for the first time.“This partnership combines boutique-quality entertainment content with unmatched scale,” says David Kang, Wenner Media’s Chief Digital Officer, “Rolling Stone and Us Weekly are iconic brands in music and celebrity news. As a leader in digital media, Yahoo! is the perfect partner to help these brands grow their digital footprint. Our brands coming together will create a rich and engaging entertainment experience to best serve our users and advertisers alike.” “This deal is a powerful combination of talent and content that will enhance our users’ daily habit of entertainment news consumption,” says Rich Cusick, Yahoo!’s VP of Entertainment and Lifestyles. “We’re marrying Yahoo!’s deep content reserves and massive online reach with Wenner’s reputation for quality entertainment content. Factoring in our combined access to the best entertainment editorial talent in the industry, this deal offers vast possibilities to bring our users more creative and unique entertainment content.” The branded pages are now live:
- Branded pages for Us Weekly and Rolling Stone live on omg! and Yahoo! Music ( http://music.yahoo.com/programs/rolling-stone; http://omg.yahoo.com/us-weekly)
- Branded pages for omg! and Yahoo! Music live on the digital editions of Us Weekly and Rolling Stone ( http://usmagazine.com/yahooomg; http://rollingstone.com/yahoomusic)
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV