In 2012, certain MasterCard Debit and Credit Programs in the Europe region have changed due to a reclassification of programs. There is no impact at the All MasterCard Programs level. In addition, Purchase Transactions for certain Credit Programs in the Latin America region have been restated due to revisions from several customers. MasterCard revenue is not impacted from these changes. Data for the comparable periods in 2012, 2011 and 2010 have been restated to be consistent with these approaches.Performance information for prior periods can be found in the "Investor Relations" section of MasterCard's website at www.mastercard.com.
($ in millions, except per share data)
Nine Months Ended September 30, 2012
Nine Months Ended September 30, 2011
|Provision for litigation settlement||$ 20||$ (20)||$ -||$ -|
|Total operating expenses||2,458||(20)||2,438||2,263|
|Income before income taxes||3,038||20||3,058||2,758|
|Income tax expense||885||7||
|Net Income Attributable to MasterCard||2,154||13||2,167||1,887|
|Basic Net Income per Share||$17.13||$0.10||$17.23||$14.71|
|Diluted Net Income per Share||$17.07||$0.11||$17.18||$14.66|
|a- Tax effect of provision for litigation settlement|
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV