Autodesk, Inc. (NASDAQ: ADSK) has named MariCorp U.S. (MariCorp) — a nationwide leader in the boat dock industry that has expanded from six to 45 employees in six years — as the Autodesk October Inventor of the Month for using Autodesk PLM 360 to streamline project management and Autodesk Inventor 3D CAD software as part of Autodesk Product Design Suite to improve their designs.
MariCorp U.S. uses Autodesk PLM 360 and Autodesk Inventor 3D CAD software to streamline project management and improve their designs for boat docks like the one pictured here. (Photo: Business Wire)
As a result of implementing Autodesk software, the fast-growing company — founded by its 25-year old CEO Scott Fitzpatrick while he was still in college — has been able to respond to bids more quickly, execute designs more effectively and efficiently scale its organization.
“Nationwide, there are maybe a dozen large marina projects available for bid each year, and we need to win a few to distinguish ourselves and drive new growth,” said Kyle Wilkerson, COO of MariCorp. “Each project is different and fully custom, so building a technology platform that makes it easier to rapidly create high-quality designs is our best approach and that’s where Autodesk has really come into play for us.”
Digital PLM Processes Drive EfficiencyAutodesk PLM 360 — a cloud-based product lifecycle management solution — has made project management and collaboration across the MariCorp organization much more efficient. The engineering department receives all the forms, images and notes for each project as attachments inside PLM 360. In return, the sales team can clearly see how the dock designs look and be absolutely clear when requesting changes. Requests for proposals that once initiated a week of frantic design activity now routinely wrap up in three days.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV