Avnet Electronics Marketing, an operating group of Avnet, Inc. (NYSE: AVT), and ARM celebrate one year of the popular online software store for embedded design. Over a twelve month period, the Embedded Software Store (ESS) has grown to include products from 24 vendors, while increasing their online partner support and product selection to nearly 1,000 products.
ESS was launched at ARM’s TechCon 2011 to provide an e-Commerce website and online information dedicated to the embedded design community. It took the industry by storm and established a comprehensive one-stop online store that enables embedded designers to evaluate and purchase leading software products to accelerate their ARM processor-based design.
Now, one year later, the Embedded Software Store is at TechCon 2012, to showcase its latest offerings along with several of its key vendors: DSP Concepts, InterNiche Technologies, Motomic Software, RoweBots, and Timesys.
The store has gained momentum in the market with its offering of nearly 1,000 products. All solutions sold in the ESS are offered royalty-free. This momentum is a validation that both vendors and customers see value in the online marketplace.“The Embedded Software Store is well positioned to help ARM Partners extend their product offering and help software developers accelerate their design through a single online marketplace,” said Will Tu, director, ARM. “The rapid adoption by our partner eco-system and the steady increase of software developers visiting our site and purchasing products reinforces the value of ESS as an efficient and time-saving tool to bring products to market.” The Embedded Software Store offers developers a broad range of foundation software for their embedded design. Examples include:
- Software tools–the Embedded Software Store sells a broad range of the ARM Keil® MDK software development toolkit.
- RTOSs and the ESS offer leading RTOSs software through vendors such as Micrium, CMX, Code-Time, and RoweBots. Customers have a broad choice based on functionality and memory requirements.
- Customers who are exploring open source can find a less time-consuming solution, and simplified approach offered by Timesys, which provides a tool, LinuxLink, that helps a developer leverage open source code for specific silicon target boards.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV