- Net interest revenue totaled $176.0 million for the third quarter of 2012 compared to $181.4 million for the second quarter of 2012. Net interest margin was 3.12% for the third quarter of 2012 and 3.30% for the second quarter of 2012. The yield on our securities portfolio continued to decline as cash flows are reinvested at lower rates. In addition, net interest revenue for the second quarter of 2012 included $2.9 million from the full recovery of a nonaccruing commercial loan. Excluding this recovery, net interest margin for the second quarter was 3.25%.
- Fees and commissions revenue totaled $166.3 million, up $11.9 million or 8% over the second quarter of 2012. Mortgage banking revenue increased $10.7 million due to record mortgage loan production volumes and improved pricing of loans sold.
- Operating expenses, excluding changes in the fair value of mortgage servicing rights, totaled $212.8 million, up $1.2 million or less than 1% over the previous quarter. Personnel expense increased $478 thousand. Non-personnel expense increased $725 thousand.
- No provision for credit losses was recorded in the third quarter of 2012 compared to an $8.0 million negative provision for credit losses in the second quarter of 2012. Net charge-offs totaled $5.7 million or 0.19% of average loans on an annualized basis in the third quarter of 2012 compared to net charge-offs of $4.8 million or 0.17% of average loans on an annualized basis in the second quarter of 2012. Gross charge-offs continue to decline, down $2.6 million from the previous quarter. Third quarter recoveries were reduced by $7.1 million due to the refund of a settlement between BOK Financial and the City of Tulsa.
- The combined allowance for credit losses totaled $236 million or 1.99% of outstanding loans at September 30, 2012 compared to $241 million or 2.09% of outstanding loans at June 30, 2012. Nonperforming assets totaled $264 million or 2.21% of outstanding loans and repossessed assets at September 30, 2012 and $279 million or 2.38% of outstanding loans and repossessed assets at June 30, 2012.
- Outstanding loan balances were $11.8 billion at September 30, 2012, up $256 million over the prior quarter. Commercial loan balances grew by $221 million or 13% on an annualized basis over June 30, 2012. Commercial real estate loans grew by $39 million and residential mortgage loans grew by $14 million, partially offset by an $18 million decrease in consumer loans.
- Available for sale securities grew by $1.1 billion during the third quarter to $11.5 billion at September 30, 2012. The Company increased its holdings of short-duration U.S. government guaranteed residential mortgage-backed securities during the third quarter.
- Period end deposits totaled $19.1 billion at September 30, 2012 compared to $18.4 billion at June 30, 2012. Interest-bearing transaction accounts increased $451 million and demand deposit accounts increased $408 million, partially offset by an $86 million decrease in time deposits.
- Tangible common equity ratio was 9.67% at September 30, 2012 and 10.07% at June 30, 2012. The tangible common equity ratio is a non-GAAP measure of capital strength used by the Company and investors based on shareholders' equity minus intangible assets and equity that does not benefit common shareholders. The Company and its subsidiary bank continue to exceed the regulatory definition of well capitalized. The Company's Tier 1 capital ratios, as defined by banking regulations, were 13.21% at September 30, 2012 and 13.62% at June 30, 2012.
- The Company paid a cash dividend of $26 million or $0.38 per common share during the third quarter of 2012. On October 30, 2012, the board of directors approved a quarterly cash dividend of $0.38 per common share payable on or about November 30, 2012 to shareholders of record as of November 16, 2012.
- On October 30, 2012, the board of directors also approved a special cash dividend of $1.00 per common share payable on or about November 30, 2012 to shareholders of record as of November 16, 2012.
BOK Financial Reports Quarterly Earnings Of $87 Million
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.