CHARLOTTE, N.C., Oct. 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- UTC Aerospace Systems, a unit of United Technologies Corp. (NYSE: UTX); displays its latest development in Plug-In Arms for iPads at the National Business Aviation Association's (NBAA) Annual Meeting & Convention. NBAA takes place October 30 – November 1 at the Orange County Convention Center in Orlando, FL.
UTC Aerospace Systems (booth 400) has designed several different models to accommodate any application, ranging from a basic model that has charging capabilities to one that will output full audio and video to the aircraft's entertainment system. The various models are also designed to integrate into varying network backbones, such as RS-485, Ethernet, and SDI. When combined with user applications (apps), a passenger can seamlessly control the In-Flight Entertainment and Cabin Management Systems through their iPad.
"Making everyday technology accessible and easy to use in the business jet environment is the design focus," said Marcus Garrett, business development manager for Cabin Electronics. "The iPad is quickly fitted into the Plug-In Arm's head with a simple lever, becoming secured and docked into a charging port. No need for external wires, cables, or the worry of a dead battery. The iPad can be tilted forward and aft in both the vertical and horizontal positions. Removal from the base is just as easy."
UTC Aerospace Systems designs, manufactures and services integrated systems and components for the aerospace and defense industries. UTC Aerospace Systems supports a global customer base with significant worldwide manufacturing and customer service facilities.United Technologies Corp., based in Hartford, Connecticut, is a diversified company providing high-technology products and services to the building and aerospace industries. www.utcaerospacesystems.com SOURCE UTC Aerospace Systems
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV