Onyx Pharmaceuticals launched Kyprolis in July so investors get the first significant update on the multiple myeloma drug's launch Tuesday when the company reports third-quarter results on Thursday.
Consensus sales expectations for Kyprolis are hard to pin down. I've seen some guesses in the $6 million range for the September quarter although whisper estimates are at least double that based on monthly sales data captured by Wolters Kluwer. But then, access to Kyprolis prescriptions by third-party tracking services is believed to be spotty, so it's hard to gauge the reliability of the monthly estimates.
Kyprolis demand appears to be high, according to anecdotal evidence gathered from physician surveys conducted by various analysts. According to the surveys, doctors are using Kyprolis at higher doses and for longer treatment duration than what's described in the drug's FDA label.
Overall, Onyx is expected to post a net loss of 90 cents per share on total revenue of $80.25 million in the third quarter.Incyte can't afford a repeat performance of its dismal, stock-crushing second-quarter report when 1) Jakafai sales of $29.7 million fell short of expectations; and 2) management's guidance for 2012 Jakafi sales in the range of $120-135 million disappointed. Adding to Incyte's woes: The unexpected departure of its chief commercial officer. I don't have a fix on Jakafi consensus for the third quarter to be released Thursday, but Oppenheimer is at $33 million, Wells Fargo at $45 million, J.P. Morgan at $32.6 million.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV