First Half Fiscal 2013 – Booz Allen’s cumulative performance for the first and second quarters of fiscal 2013, driven by the same factors discussed above, has resulted in:
- Revenue of $2.82 billion for the six months ended September 30, 2012, compared with $2.88 billion for the prior year period, a decrease of 1.9 percent;
- Net income for the first half of fiscal 2013 of $108.1 million, compared with $126.5 million for the first half of fiscal 2012;
- Adjusted Net Income for the first half of fiscal 2013 of $121.7 million compared with $108.6 million in the prior year period;
- Adjusted EBITDA for the first half of fiscal 2013 of $259.5 million compared with $237.4 million in the first half of fiscal 2012; and
- Diluted EPS for the first half of fiscal 2013 of $0.69 and Adjusted Diluted EPS of $0.85, compared with $0.90 and $0.77 per share, respectively, for the first half of fiscal 2012.
Net cash provided by operating activities for the first half of fiscal 2013 was $389.7 million compared with $177.1 million in the prior year period. Free cash flow was $375.4 million, compared with $133.5 million in the prior year period. Booz Allen’s cash flow benefitted from exceptionally strong cash collections, as evidenced by Days Sales Outstanding of 57 days for the most recent quarter, compared with 68 days for the prior year quarter.
Acquisition of ARINC’s Defense Systems Engineering and Support Division (DSES)
On October 16, 2012, Booz Allen announced that it had entered into a definitive agreement to acquire the DSES division of ARINC Incorporated for $154 million from available cash on hand. Approximately 1,000 employees from various locations of ARINC Incorporated, many of which align with Booz Allen’s existing locations, are expected to join Booz Allen as a result of the acquisition. The transaction is expected to close later this year, subject to customary closing conditions, including the required waiting period under the Hart-Scott-Rodino Antitrust Improvements Act.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
24/7 market commentary from Jim Cramer and 20+ veteran Wall Street gurus. Get access to the latest trading ideas on stocks, options, and ETFs as well as a real-time forum to see the pros exchanging their investment ideas.
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV