MOD-PAC CORP. Reports Record Quarterly Product Sales And 43% Increase In Net Income For The Third Quarter Of 2012
MOD-PAC CORP. (NASDAQ: MPAC) (the “Company”), a high value-added, on-demand print services firm that designs and manufactures custom and stock folding cartons, reported total revenue of $15.4 million for the third quarter of 2012, which ended September 29, 2012, compared with $14.4 million for the third quarter of 2011. The 7.1% increase reflects higher custom folding carton sales, partially offset by lower waste paperboard sales. Net income for the third quarter of 2012 was up sharply to $0.9 million, or $0.27 per diluted share, from net income of $0.6 million, or $0.18 per diluted share, in the third quarter of 2011.
Daniel G. Keane, President and CEO, commented, “We had a strong third quarter, achieving record quarterly product sales on continued growth in our custom folding carton business. The growth in this line demonstrates the success of our sales and marketing initiatives as we increased the amount of business from several established accounts and added a number of new smaller accounts. We continue to anticipate solid product demand for the remaining part of 2012.”
Record Third-Quarter Product Sales Highlighted by Custom Folding Carton Growth
- Sales of custom folding cartons reached a quarterly record of $12.3 million, up 9.5% from $11.2 million in the third quarter of 2011. The increase was primarily due to additional business from several existing customers, the ramp-up of sales from some large customers whose business was earned last year and, to a lesser extent, augmented by new smaller customers. Partially offsetting the growth was lower waste paperboard sales.
- Stock packaging sales remained relatively consistent at $2.3 million in the third quarter.
- Personalized print sales were $0.7 million in the third quarter of 2012, down slightly from the prior-year period.
David B. Lupp, Chief Operating Officer and Chief Financial Officer, stated, “The combination of higher revenue, stability in the paperboard market and a continued focus on cost management were the main contributors to the margin expansion realized in the quarter. While these results are going in the right direction, we are continually working to improve the leverage within our business.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV