Medidata Solutions (NASDAQ: MDSO) has been selected by Sanofi, one of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies, as the clinical technology standard for clinical data collection, management and reporting and performance-enhancing analytics across its entire R&D organization. Sanofi is actively transitioning to replace some of its existing clinical technologies with Medidata’s cloud-based solutions across all Sanofi Global R&D as part of a company-wide initiative to achieve cutting-edge productivity.
Sanofi manages one of the largest R&D organizations in the industry, with a diverse pipeline in vaccines, diabetes, oncology and orphan drugs, among other areas. Sanofi is focusing on maximizing the efficiency of its clinical development organization as well as improving visibility into the progress of its global trials, and undertook a competitive evaluation of clinical technology to support its research goals.
- “Sanofi is involved in a significant amount of the industry’s most innovative research, greatly affecting the lives of millions of patients,” said Tarek Sherif, CEO, Medidata Solutions. “With the quality, complexity and volume of its research efforts comes the challenge of providing its R&D teams with the best technology for supporting the full range of its clinical studies. In this period of unprecedented change in drug development at Sanofi and industry-wide, selecting Medidata substantiates the value our solution offers today, improving operational and decision effectiveness and thereby accelerating timelines and minimizing costs and risk.”
Sanofi will implement Medidata’s electronic data capture, management and reporting, coding and safety data capture applications. Additionally, the organization chose Medidata’s clinical business analytics tool to provide metrics and industry benchmarks that enhances decision-making by executives and operational managers throughout the trial life cycle.
- “As leading pharmaceutical companies look to transform their clinical development processes to achieve their productivity and revenue goals, it’s critical that they select vendors with the right business model, global scale and a flexible, feature-rich technology platform that serves both their current needs and their vision for the future,” said Sherif. “Medidata is excited to be working with Sanofi as it focuses on the next phase of its world-class product development.”
Sanofi to Leverage Benefits of Medidata Platform Across R&D ProcessImplementation of Medidata’s cloud-based platform will enable Sanofi to achieve a range of new benefits throughout the trial process and through a single URL globally:
- Streamlined trials using the industry’s leading and site-preferred electronic data capture and clinical data management tool, Medidata Rave ®;
- Elimination of duplicative safety data capture for improved adverse event reporting with Medidata Rave® Safety Gateway ;
- Centralized coding that simplifies dictionary upgrades and supports unlimited coding segments through Medidata Coder™ ;
- Earlier insights and more informed decisions through access to clinical business analytics and cross-company and cross-industry benchmark reporting using Medidata Insights™ ; and
- Advanced reporting tools across all global trials, programs and geographies accessed through a single URL.
- Read our blog, Geeks Talk Clinical
- Tweet this: Sanofi chooses @Medidata #cloud platform as standard for #clinical trials to bring innovative drugs to market faster http://bit.ly/RnuQxG
- Follow us on Twitter: @Medidata
- Find us on LinkedIn
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV