- Net sales increased year-over-year by 25.6% to $300.6 million as compared to $239.3 million in the third quarter of 2011. Net sales for the third quarter of 2012 were in line with the high end of the Company’s previously announced expected range of $295.0 to $300.0 million as pre-released on October 1st.
- Residential product sales increased 17.8% compared to the strong third quarter of 2011, in which year-over-year sales growth was 60.5%.
- Commercial & Industrial (C&I) product sales increased 48.3% compared to the prior year third quarter.
- Strong operating earnings during the quarter were more than offset by higher interest expense from the recent refinancing of the Company’s senior secured credit facilities that closed on May 30, 2012, as well as a normalized effective income tax rate. As a result, net income for the third quarter of 2012 was $25.5 million or $0.37 per share as compared to $37.4 million or $0.55 per share for the same period of 2011.
- Adjusted net income, as defined in the accompanying reconciliation schedules, increased to $54.1 million from $50.6 million in the third quarter of 2011. Adjusted diluted net income per common share was $0.78 as compared to $0.75 per share in the third quarter of 2011.
- Adjusted EBITDA increased to $76.3 million as compared to $61.6 million in the third quarter last year.
- Cash flow from operations in the third quarter of 2012 was $69.5 million as compared to $61.0 million in the prior year quarter. Unlevered free cash flow was $67.7 million as compared to $65.5 million in the third quarter of 2011.
- For the trailing four quarters, net sales were $1.102 billion; net income was $332.1 million, which includes a net $238.0 million income tax benefit in the fourth quarter of 2011; adjusted EBITDA was $268.5 million; cash flow from operations was $209.9 million; and unlevered free cash flow was $214.0 million.
- As a result of the current major power outage activity, the Company is raising its sales growth guidance for full-year 2012 to the low-40% range over the prior year, which represents an increase from the low-30% growth rate previously expected in the October 1 st business update. As a result, Adjusted EBITDA for the full-year 2012 is now expected to increase in the mid-40% range over the prior year, which is an increase from the mid-30% growth rate previously expected. Diluted net income per common share for 2012 is now expected to be in the range of $1.21 to $1.27, with adjusted diluted net income per common share of $2.95 to $3.00, compared to the $2.65 to $2.70 per share range previously expected.
Generac Reports Strong Third Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.