RTI International Metals, Inc., (NYSE: RTI), reported today strong third quarter 2012 financial results showing substantial year-over-year increases in net sales, operating income and earnings per share compared with the same period in 2011.
The company said its financial performance reflects continued strength in the aerospace, medical device and energy markets, as well as continued improving performance in its Fabrication Group.
Highlights of RTI’s results for the third quarter of 2012, ended September 30, follow:
Financial Summary Q3 2012 vs. Q3 2011 comparisons:
- Q3 2012 net sales were $189.1 million, an increase of 32% over net sales of $143.7 million in Q3 2011.
- Q3 2012 operating income was $12.9 million vs. $7.7 million in Q3 2011, an increase of 68%.
- Net income for Q3 2012 more than doubled over the same period in 2011, to $5.6 million, or $0.19 per diluted share. Net income for Q3 2011 was $2.1 million, or $0.07 per diluted share.
- Titanium mill product shipments during the quarter were 4.2 million pounds compared to 4.3 million pounds in 2011.
- Average realized mill product price in Q3 was $19.01 per pound compared to $18.99 per pound during the same period in 2011.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV