NEW YORK -- Exxon Mobil (XOM), the oil giant, is expected by analysts Thursday to report third-quarter earnings of $1.96 a share on revenue of $112.4 billion.
Rival Royal Dutch Shell (RDS.A) said Thursday that third-quarter core earnings declined 15% as oil and gas prices fell.
Drugmaker Pfizer (PFE) is expected by analysts to post quarterly earnings Thursday of 53 cents a share on revenue of $14.64 billion.
Kellogg (K) will earn 80 cents a share in the third quarter on revenue of $3.69 billion, according to analysts.
Visa (V) on Wednesday reported quarterly net income of $1.7 billion, or $2.47 a share, up from $880 million, or $1.27 a share, a year earlier. Adjusted earnings were $1.54 a share, topping the estimates of analysts by 4 cents. This Week's Key Earnings Reports
Sirius XM (SIRI) is expected by analysts Thursday to post third-quarter earnings of 2 cents a share, the same as a year earlier.
Activist investor Carl Icahn took a large stake in Netflix (NFLX), the movie-streaming and DVD-rental company. Icahn disclosed in a filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission Wednesday that he has a 9.9% stake in Netflix, or 4,291,066 shares. Netflix Stock Surges as Icahn Buys Big Stake
-- Written by Joseph Woelfel
>To contact the writer of this article, click here: Joseph Woelfel >To submit a news tip, send an email to: email@example.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV