REHOVOT, Israel, October 31, 2012 /PRNewswire/ --
Nova Measuring Instruments Ltd. (Nasdaq: NVMI), provider of leading edge stand alone metrology and the market leader of integrated metrology solutions to the semiconductor process control market, today reported its 2012 third quarter results.
Highlights for the Third Quarter of 2012
- Quarterly revenues of $24.4 million
- Blended gross margin of 53%
- GAAP Net income of $2.9 million, or $0.11 per diluted share
- Non-GAAP Net income of $3.7 million, or $0.14 per diluted share
- Positive cash flow from operations of $4.3 million
Management Comments"Revenues for the third quarter were in line with our expectations, and continue to reflect our exposure to market segments where demand is highest," said Gabi Seligsohn, President and CEO of Nova. "Earnings per share exceeded the high end of our guidance, due to tighter expense control in light of recent market conditions. We are following our plan to prudently increase our research and development commitment in order to execute on next generation projects and remain in the forefront of our sector. In the current environment, we are being especially selective in adding resources, which is causing the ramp in expenses to be slightly slower than originally anticipated. "We were very pleased to announce multiple orders from multiple customers for our recently announced new product, the Nova V2600. We are in the process of adding a few additional customers and expect this product to gain significant momentum as the industry transitions to high volume manufacturing using 3D interconnect technology. "Recent booking trends have exhibited softness in both the memory and foundry segments. Nevertheless, we believe there is a seasonal element to the order pattern and we expect to see foundry momentum resume and continue well into 2013. Recent checks with our customers confirm that there is a need for additional foundry capacity and yield improvements at 28nm and that plans are in place to initiate a ramp up in the 20nm technology node. We believe that during these technology transitions, optical metrology will continue to account for a higher share of overall capital expenditures, as foundries cope with the challenges of process complexity and yield requirements at the advanced nodes."
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV