Under Armour (UA), on the other hand, isn't undervalued - not even close. The $5.5 billion firm currently trades for a P/E of nearly 50, more than double the earnings premium you'd see at rival Nike (NKE). But Under Armour's growth trajectory makes up for the premium pricing in shares, and so does one of the most attractive brand names in the sports apparel business.
UA's selling point is its technology: its signature moisture-wicking performance fabric happens to be one of the most imitated offerings among its peers. As the firm adds new products to its portfolio (its foray into footwear was a big move it made a few years ago), it should be able to expand its top line in existing markets, while at the same time pushing to altogether new markets. Despite the fact that the sports apparel market is pretty saturated here at home, UA has been able to grow by grabbing share from other firms, an impressive feat.International sales have a lot of room to get bigger on Under Armour's income statement. Only around 10% of sales come from abroad, whereas more than two-thirds of Nike's sales come from overseas. That gives UA a big, less saturated market to tackle in the future. A balance sheet with a deep net cash position should help it get there with minimal hiccups.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV