2. Powerplant: civil work was 90% complete.
3. Pallca Dam: 97% was complete (48,500m 3 of concrete).
4. The construction of electromechanical equipment is nearly complete, and will be delivered on schedule. Equipment construction is 20% complete.
Other InformationAt the Board of Directors meeting held October 30, 2012, the following resolutions were passed: Declaration of a cash dividend of US$0.20 per share, or ADS, to be paid in U.S. dollars on November 30, 2012 to shareholders of record as of November 16, 2012. Company Description Compañía de Minas Buenaventura S.A.A. is Peru’s largest, publicly traded, Precious Metals Company and a major holder of mining rights in Peru. The Company is engaged in the mining, processing, development and exploration of gold and silver and other metals via wholly owned mines as well as through its participation in joint exploration projects. Buenaventura currently operates several mines in Peru (Orcopampa*, Poracota*, Uchucchacua*, Antapite*, Julcani*, Recuperada*, El Brocal, La Zanja, Coimolache and CEDIMIN*). The Company owns 43.65% of Minera Yanacocha S.R.L (a partnership with Newmont Mining Corporation), an important precious metal producer; 19.58% of Sociedad Minera Cerro Verde, an important Peruvian copper producer, and 49% of Canteras del Hallazgo S.A, owner the Chucapaca project. For a printed version of the Company’s 2011 Form 20-F, please contact the persons indicated above, or download a PDF format file from the Company’s web site. (*) Operations wholly owned by Buenaventura (1) First time adoption of International Financial Reporting Standards (“IFRS”) As part of the first adoption of the International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) in Peru, as of October 14, 2011, through Resolution N°102-2011-EF/94.01.1, the Superintendence of Securities Market (“SMV”, before CONASEV), required to all legal entities under its supervision to adopt IFRS since the year The nine-month period 2012. For periods up to and including the year ended December 31, 2011, the Company prepared its financial statements in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in Peru (Peru GAAP). These consolidated financial statements, for the year ended December 31, The nine-month period 2012, are the first the Company has prepared in accordance with IFRS, in which the Company has applied IFRS 1 “First Time Adoption of International Financial Reporting Standard” in the opening balance as of January 1, 2011, transition date to IFRS. The IFRS 1 application implies that all the standards are apply retrospectively at the transition date, including certain mandatory exceptions and voluntary exemptions defined in the standard.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV