Production and Operating Costs
Buenaventura’s equity production 1 in 3Q12 was 112,750 ounces of gold, 5% higher than the 107,157 ounces reported in 3Q11 mainly due to an increase in Orcopampa and Tantahuatay production. Silver production in 3Q12 was 4.7 million ounces, a 12% increase when compared to the figure reported in 3Q11 (4.2 million oz).
Equity production 1 in the first nine-month period 2012 was 337,761 ounces of gold and 13.2 million ounces of silver. This represented a 2% decrease in gold production (344,751 ounces in 2011), and a 17% increase in silver production compared to 2011 (11.2 million ounces).
|Equity Production 1|
|Gold (oz) Direct Operations||112,750||107,157||5%||337,761||344,751||-2%|
|Gold (oz) inc. Yanacocha||267,144||256,887||4%||822,327||769,089||7%|
|Lead ( MT)||7,942||5,698||39%||19,450||13,819||41%|
|Zinc ( MT)||13,073||9,971||31%||32,328||19,474||66%|
|Copper (MT) inc. Cerro Verde||15,648||16,297||-4%||44,683||52,779||-15%|
1 Production includes 100% of Buenaventura’s operating units, 100% of CEDIMIN, 53.06% of La Zanja, 40.04% of Tantahuatay and 53.76% of El Brocal.Orcopampa’s (100% owned by Buenaventura) total gold production in 3Q12 was 70,588 ounces, 17% higher than the 60,171 ounces reported in 3Q11. Production from the Chipmo mine in 3Q12 was 65,362 ounces, 25% higher compared to the 52,265 ounces reported in 3Q11 due to a 16% increase in tonnage treated and 6% higher ore grade (See Appendix 2). The old tailings treatment produced 5,226 gold ounces (compared to 7,906 ounces in 3Q11). Accumulated total gold production in the first nine-month period 2012 was 200,599 ounces, a 6% decrease when compared to 2011 (213,906 ounces). Cash operating cost in 3Q12 was US$537/oz, 3% lower when compared to 3Q11 (US$554/oz). This was mainly explained by the 16% increase in gold ounces recovered due to higher tonnage treated and better ore grades.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV