WYTHEVILLE, Va., Oct. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Evatran announced today that it has signed an agreement with SPX Service Solutions to distribute and install Plugless Power wireless electric vehicle (EV) charging systems. These systems, available to individual Nissan LEAF and Chevrolet Volt owners starting in April 2013, require station installation in customers' homes, as well as, the installation of an adapter onto the undercarriage of the EV. Service Solutions will be launching a program to provide both parts of the installation process in the comfort of the EV owner's own home.
"Our goal has always been to provide EV owners with a completely convenient, hassle-free charging experience," said Rebecca Hough, Evatran Chief Operating Officer. "When we decided to launch an aftermarket product we knew we needed an equally convenient installation process for our customers. Service Solutions committing to in-home vehicle installation in parallel with station installation is a big win for us. Our customers can look forward to a quick, easy, well-managed installation process without leaving the comfort of their own homes."
Service Solutions will be selling the wireless charging systems through both its website and over-the-phone sales channels. Service Solutions kicked off its charging station manufacturing, distribution and installation business over two years ago with the goal of becoming a leader in the growing electric vehicle charging infrastructure space. Service Solutions has a network of over 900 certified and trained installation and service staff across the country, and has successfully distributed over 13,000 charge stations, including the Power Xpress, Voltec, ChargePoint, Blink and GE WattStation brands. Plugless Power™ is the Company's first wireless charging product line.If a customer selects Service Solutions installation services with his purchase of Plugless Power, the customer's installation process will be completely managed by Service Solutions including:
- Free pre-installation survey: Service Solutions will provide a site survey at no cost to the customer, to ensure all installation costs are understood prior to wireless system installation.
- 240V charging station installation: Based on the customer's targeted charging location, Service Solutions will manage the permitting, electrical work, and physical charging station installation process for the customer. The customer will receive updates as the process is completed.
- Vehicle adapter installation: Service Solutions will provide vehicle installation services for both the Nissan LEAF and Chevrolet Volt models in the comfort of the customer's own garage or driveway. The vehicle process is expected to take about 90 minutes.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV