TUPELO, Miss., Oct. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- BancorpSouth, Inc. (NYSE: BXS) announced today the resignation of George F. Middlebrook, III, from the Boards of Directors of BancorpSouth, Inc. and BancorpSouth Bank, effective at the close of business on October 29, 2012. Middlebrook, of Nacogdoches, Texas, manages oil, gas and timberland interests of family partnerships and has also been engaged in residential and commercial real estate development. He has agreed to serve on BancorpSouth Bank's Nacogdoches, Texas community bank board.
Middlebrook served on the Board of Directors of Fredonia State Bank from 1985 until it was acquired by First United Bancshares in 1997, and then served on the Board of Directors of First United Bancshares until it was acquired by BancorpSouth in 2000. He was chair of BancorpSouth Bank's Asset Management and Trust Committee and its CRA/Fair Lending Committee.
Aubrey Patterson, BancorpSouth Chairman and CEO said, "We greatly appreciate George Middlebrook's leadership, expertise and wise counsel as a director of BancorpSouth Bank for the past 12 years, and we are pleased that he has agreed to serve on our Nacogdoches community bank board. We wish him well in his future endeavors."
BancorpSouth, Inc. is a financial holding company headquartered in Tupelo, Mississippi, with $13.2 billion in assets. BancorpSouth Bank, a wholly-owned subsidiary of BancorpSouth, Inc., operates approximately 293 commercial banking, mortgage, insurance, trust and broker/dealer locations in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Louisiana, Mississippi, Missouri, Tennessee and Texas, including an insurance location in Illinois.SOURCE BancorpSouth, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV