Apple's iPhone 5
Sure, the past two entries had enough Apple bashing to qualify as a cider press, but Apple leaves consumers no choice but to recognize game when it's played by the best.
Dogged by production issues before its release and facing tough competition from the Samsung Galaxy S III in a smartphone world where it's used to standing alone, the iPhone needed a big showing in September. In the end, it gave fans what they wanted: a slimmer build, better screen, improved camera and real, fast 4G capability.
Yes, Google Maps is harder to use and the Maps app that replaced it is a certified disaster, but in the iPhone's world that's a trifle. In the long run, it kept iPhone lovers happy, gave new adopters more reasons to switch and maintained enough momentum to sell 5 million devices in its opening weekend. While there's still an argument to be made about quality and value vs. the upstart Galaxy, the iPhone reasserted itself as the phone to beat.
2013 Audi A5
Yes, it's a car, but the A5's main selling points are its tech details.
Better Google+ Hangouts
When indignant, jaded social media users wonder aloud why they should jump onto Google+ too, Hangouts are the easiest answer. Google+ Hangouts let you video-chat with up to nine other people and have been used to great effect by families, businesses, organizations and even President Barack Obama. They got a big boost in May, though, when Google+ unveiled a feature that allows users to broadcast live video publicly from a Google+ stream or a YouTube channel or embed it on a website. You can see how many people are watching while it's happening, post it to YouTube or Google+ when it's over and even see it on your iPad after Google finally produced a Google+ app in July.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV