Search Jim Cramer's "Mad Money" trading recommendations using our exclusive "Mad Money" Stock Screener.
NEW YORK ( TheStreet) -- With the markets taking a rare pause thanks to Hurricane Sandy, Jim Cramer told his "Mad Money" TV show viewers Tuesday that he's had a chance to catch his breath in the middle of a busy earnings season to make some observations.
Cramer said that for the past few years, U.S. companies have been aggressively trying to distance themselves from the sluggish U.S. market, opting to "go global" and expand into Europe, China and emerging markets. That strategy worked well, he said, up until a few years ago when Europe's financial mess brought the global economy to a screeching halt. Now, the evidence is clear. Those companies that now rely on business overseas are doing poorly, while those still based largely in the U.S. are flourishing.That's certainly the case with Ford Motor (F), a company whose strength in the U.S. was almost completely wiped out by losses in Europe. Banks like US Bancorp (USB) and Wells Fargo (WFC), a stock he owns for his charitable trust,
Buying Into News CorpBreaking up is easy to do, Cramer reminded viewers, as he highlighted yet another company that's splitting itself apart in an effort to unlock value. He said his charitable trust,
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV