The Bank of America Charitable Foundation today announced it will donate $1 million to support relief efforts in the wake of Hurricane Sandy including $500,000 to the American Red Cross Hurricanes 2012 fund. As relief efforts evolve in the coming weeks, the remaining $500,000 will be directed to national, regional and local nonprofits to support long-term recovery needs.
Over the weekend, Bank of America activated its disaster relief program in all disaster areas designated by the Federal Emergency Management Agency. For employees, the bank has also taken several precautions, including closing facilities in affected states and asking teammates to work from home as necessary.
“We have customers and employees throughout the hardest hit region and their safety is our main consideration,” said Brian T. Moynihan, chief executive officer of Bank of America. “As we do what we can to help them through this, we also are doing our part to help get relief to communities affected.”
Under the company's disaster relief program, Bank of America customers affected by severe storms and floods in Rhode Island, New Hampshire, Maine, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Maryland, Virginia and Washington, D.C., may qualify to:
- Receive credit line increases on their existing Bank of America Visa ® card and MasterCard ®.
- Modify or extend payments on loans, credit cards or lines of credit.
- Receive special assistance with lost, missing or late loan or card payments.
- Avoid early withdrawal penalties on bank certificates of deposit (CDs).
- Receive a refund on any overdraft, non-sufficient funds (NSF) and non-Bank of America ATM fees incurred as a result of storm conditions.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV