- Quarterly funds from operations (FFO) totaled $32.5 million, or $0.42 per share. FFO for the third quarter includes a $15.0 million non-routine, non-cash impairment charge taken in conjunction with the decision to sell land in Anaheim, CA that the company previously intended to develop. Quarterly net income available to common shareholders totaled $12.9 million, or $0.17 per share.
- Excluding the non-routine charge, FFO totaled $47.5 million, or $0.62 per share.
- Year-over-year third-quarter same-store revenues and net operating income (NOI) increased 5.3% and 6.6%, respectively. On a sequential basis from the second quarter to the third quarter of 2012, same-store revenues and NOI both increased by 2.0%.
- Physical occupancy averaged 95.5%; annualized turnover within the same-store portfolio was 71% for the quarter. Average revenue per occupied home for the quarter was $1,626.
- Sold interests in three unconsolidated joint ventures for gross proceeds of $26.9 million and a gain on sales of $6.0 million.
- Issued $300 million of 10.5 year senior unsecured notes with a coupon of 3.375%.
- The company did not issue any stock under its at-the-market (ATM) equity program.
- Fourth quarter FFO guidance announced in a range of $0.57 to $0.60 per share.
BRE Properties Reports Third Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
Portfolio Manager Jim Cramer and Director of Research Jack Mohr reveal their investment tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
David Peltier uncovers low dollar stocks with serious upside potential that are flying under Wall Street's radar.
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts
David Peltier identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
Every recommendation goes through 3 layers of intense scrutinyquantitative, fundamental and technical analysisto maximize profit potential and minimize risk.
More than 30 investing pros with skin in the game give you actionable insight and investment ideas.