RICHMOND, Va., Oct. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Dominion Virginia Power has restored electric service to more than 75 percent of the 322,000 customers affected by Hurricane Sandy and expects to have power restored to virtually all customers by Thursday night.
Dominion employees, retirees, contractors and crews from other companies are fully engaged in this effort, and work will continue around the clock until power is restored to every customer affected by this storm.
In Northern Virginia, where the storm's impact was greatest, restoration is expected to be completed Thursday night in all but a very few locations where flooding or severe damage occurred. Repairs in the rest of Dominion's service area are expected to be completed by 11 p.m. today.Rodney Blevins, vice president of electric distribution operations, provides an update on the restoration efforts and Governor Bob McDonnell thanks the employees for their efforts in this online video: http://youtu.be/Zy035uI7qxM Customers who remain without power because of the storms and wish to check the status of their repairs should call 1-866-DOM-HELP (1-866-366-4357). Dominion (NYSE: D) is one of the nation's largest producers and transporters of energy, with a portfolio of approximately 27,400 megawatts of generation. Dominion operates the nation's largest natural gas storage system and serves retail energy customers in 15 states. For more information about Dominion, visit the company's website at www.dom.com. Follow us on Twitter at: http://www.twitter.com/DomVAPower . 'Like' us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/dominionvirginiapower.
SOURCE Dominion Virginia Power
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV