First Potomac Realty Trust (NYSE:FPO), a leading owner of office and industrial properties in the greater Washington, D.C. and Norfolk regions, today announced that it experienced only minimal damage at properties throughout its portfolio from Hurricane Sandy.
"We have inspected all of our properties and have incurred no major damage from this unprecedented storm," said Doug Donatelli, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer for First Potomac Realty Trust. "The majority of our properties are in full operation today, thanks to our property crews who worked hard to both prepare, and resolve, any issues caused by the storm."
Only a few buildings remain without power at this time.
About First Potomac Realty TrustFirst Potomac Realty Trust is a self-administered, self-managed real estate investment trust that focuses on owning, operating, developing and redeveloping office and industrial properties in the greater Washington, D.C. region. As of September 30, 2012, the Company's consolidated portfolio totaled approximately 14 million square feet. Based on annualized cash basis rent, the Company’s portfolio consists of 43% office properties, 36% business parks and 21% industrial properties. A key element of First Potomac's overarching strategy is its dedication to sustainability. Nearly 1 million square feet of First Potomac property is LEED Certified, with another 1 million square feet currently in development. Approximately half of the portfolio's total square footage of multi-story office property is either LEED or Energy Star Certified and 82% of First Potomac’s Washington, DC portfolio is Energy Star Certified. FPO common shares (NYSE:FPO) and preferred shares (NYSE:FPO-PA) are publicly traded on the New York Stock Exchange. For more information, please visit www.first-potomac.com.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV