ATLANTA, Oct. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Invesco Mortgage Capital Inc. today announces that James Balloun has been elected Chairman of the Board of Directors, effective immediately. Mr. Balloun has been a member of the Board since the initial public offering in June 2009. In addition, he is a member of the Audit and Compensation Committees and is the Chairman of the Nominating and Corporate Governance Committee.
Mr. Balloun was previously the Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Acuity Brands, Inc. from November 2001 until his retirement in September 2004 and was the Chairman, President and Chief Executive Officer of National Services Industries, Inc. prior to National Services Industries, Inc.'s spin-off of Acuity Brands in November 2001. Prior to joining National Services Industries, Inc., Mr. Balloun was with McKinsey & Company, Inc. from 1965 to 1996. Mr. Balloun is on the board of directors of Qcept, Enzymatic Deinking Technologies, LLC, and Unisen/StarTrac. Mr. Balloun received a Bachelor of Science from Iowa State University and an MBA from the Harvard Business School.
About Invesco Mortgage Capital Inc. Invesco Mortgage Capital Inc. is a real estate investment trust that focuses on financing and managing residential and commercial mortgage-backed securities and mortgage loans. Invesco Mortgage Capital Inc. is externally managed and advised by Invesco Advisers, Inc., a subsidiary of Invesco Ltd. (NYSE: IVZ), a leading independent global investment management company. Additional information is available at www.invescomortgagecapital.com.SOURCE Invesco Mortgage Capital Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV