Convergys Corporation (NYSE: CVG), a global leader in relationship management, today announced its financial results for the third quarter of 2012.
Third Quarter Summary
- Total revenue from continuing operations of $508 million, up three percent compared with prior year
- EBITDA from continuing operations of $61 million, up eight percent compared with adjusted EBITDA in the prior year
- EPS from continuing operations of $0.26 compared with adjusted EPS from continuing operations of $0.19 in the prior year
- 3.7 million Convergys shares repurchased in the third quarter at average price of $15.56 per share
- $729 million cash and short term investments on balance sheet at quarter end
- Raised full-year earnings guidance
“We delivered our sixth consecutive quarter of revenue growth and profit improvement,” said Andrea Ayers, incoming president and CEO. “As a well capitalized market-leader in customer management, we are in a unique position to invest in what matters most to our clients. We are executing on our growth strategy and have raised our earnings guidance for the full year.”
Incoming executive chairman Jeff Fox said, “I congratulate Andrea on her new role as CEO, and continue to be encouraged by the strong performance of our team. Based on our confidence in the business and commitment to disciplined capital deployment, we paid a five-cent dividend and repurchased $57 million of our stock in the third quarter.”Third Quarter Results – Continuing Operations Revenue – Total revenue from continuing operations was $508 million, compared with $493 million in the same period last year. Customer Management revenue was $502 million, a two percent increase compared with $491 million in the same period last year. Operating Income – Operating income from continuing operations was $39 million, a 14 percent increase compared with $34 million adjusted operating income from continuing operations in the same period last year. Prior year GAAP operating income of $28 million included $6 million of Information Management-related costs that did not qualify for presentation as discontinued operations. Customer Management operating income was $44 million, up 13 percent compared with $39 million in the same period last year. Customer Management operating margin was 8.8 percent, up 90 basis points compared with 7.9 percent in the same period last year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV