- Sales of semiconductor products, driven by strong growth of the productivity-enhancing WaferSense product line, totaled $1.9 million, an increase of 19% on a sequential quarterly basis and by 11% from the year-earlier period. WaferSense sales of $1.5 million were up 28% sequentially and 27% year-over-year. Semiconductor sales growth, which partly offset sharply lower sales of SMT sensor and system products, benefited from the recently introduced WaferSense particle sensor, which is being deployed by major semiconductor manufacturers.
- Sales of the new QX100 tabletop and QX100i in-line automated optical inspection, or AOI, systems exceeded half a million dollars in the third quarter and totaled $1.4 million for the first nine months of 2012, driven by sales to several key companies in the automotive industry in the Americas, Europe, Korea, and Japan, including Hyundai. The company also posted sales of its in-line dual lane versions of its AOI and solder paste inspection systems, to a variety of customers, including a leading notebook and tablet original design manufacturer in China. These new systems, which are outgrowths of a tiered pricing strategy, are enabling CyberOptics to meet changing customer needs, positioning the company to capture additional market share during the current market downturn.
- CyberOptics continued investing in next-generation products that will position the company for capitalizing upon the 2013 buying season. Under development are enhanced dual lane and dual illumination solder paste inspection systems, as well as QX tabletop and QX in-line AOI systems. Development of next-generation alignment sensors for key OEM customers is nearing completion and will be introduced shortly.
CyberOptics Reports Third Quarter Operating Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts