Hurricane Sandy is causing wide-spread damage along the East Coast and locally caused power interruptions to more than 850,000 PECO customers – making Sandy the most damaging storm in company history. PECO has restored service to more than 350,000 customers by Tuesday afternoon.
More than 3,000 employees and contractors are working around-the-clock to repair this unprecedented damage and restore service to customers. Contractors and workers from utilities as far away as Tennessee, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi and PECO’s Chicago-based sister utility ComEd continue to work along side PECO crews on this historic effort.
The company expects work could take up to a week to complete. This massive restoration effort will continue 24/7, non-stop, until service can safely be restored to all of our customers. During that time we urge customers to stay safe and are extremely thankful to our local emergency responders who are working tirelessly for all of us.
At 2 p.m. Tuesday, 490,000 customers are without service at this time. Specifically:
- Bucks County = 180,000
- Chester County = 45,000
- Delaware County = 50,000
- Montgomery County = 145,000
- Philadelphia County = 65,000
- York County = 1,000
- Contact the company at 1-800-841-4141. The more customers who call to report an outage, the more effectively PECO can dispatch crews and restore service.
- Turn off and unplug appliances and other devices to prevent possible damage. Remember to keep one light on so you will know when service has been restored.
- Customers with generators should never connect them directly to home wiring or plug them into household outlets. Generators connected to home wiring can “backfeed” into PECO’s electric delivery system, risking serious injury or death to PECO crews. Generators should always be placed outside to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV