The average number of full-time billable consultants (3) rose 14.7% to 1,356 in the third quarter of 2012 compared to 1,182 in the same quarter last year. Full-time billable consultant utilization rate was 74.2% during the third quarter of 2012 compared with 76.4% during the same period last year. Average billing rate per hour for full-time billable consultants (5) was $246 for the third quarter of 2012 compared to $254 for the third quarter of 2011. The average number of full-time equivalent professionals (6) totaled 1,229 in the third quarter of 2012 compared to 1,179 for the comparable period in 2011.
Year-to-Date 2012 Results
Revenues for the first nine months of 2012 rose slightly to $445.2 million compared to $443.3 million for the first nine months of 2011. The Company's operating income for the first nine months of 2012 was $38.9 million, compared to $36.8 million in the first nine months of 2011. Year-to-date results in both 2012 and 2011 reflect non-cash pretax charges to reduce the carrying value of goodwill in the Company’s Financial Consulting segment recorded during the third quarter of both years. In the first nine months of 2012, the charge amounted to $13.1 million, or $0.35 per diluted share; in the same period of 2011, the charge was $22.0 million, or $0.60 per diluted share. The impairment charges are non-cash in nature and do not affect the Company’s liquidity or debt covenants. Net income from continuing operations was $17.3 million, or $0.78 per diluted share, for the first nine months of 2012 compared to $13.7 million, or $0.64 per diluted share, for the same period last year. Net income increased 27.2% to $17.8 million, or $0.80 per diluted share, for the first nine months of 2012 compared to $14.0 million, or $0.65 per diluted share, for the same period last year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV