“During natural disasters like Hurricane Sandy, it is vital to provide whatever assistance we can to fellow utilities to help get the power back on as quickly as possible,” SCE President Ron Litzinger said. “SCE has a long tradition of helping other utilities during catastrophic events, and our team will work hard to get the lights back on in damaged areas on the East Coast.”
SCE is responding to a request for mutual aid from Con Edison under the auspices of the Edison Electric Institute, an association of U.S. investor-owned electric companies. Costs for the work will be paid for by Con Edison under the terms of a mutual assistance agreement.
SCE vehicles and equipment will be leaving this week via ground convoy. Personnel will be flying to the damaged area in time for the ground convoy’s arrival. Also included in the ground transport will be one of SCE’s mobile command centers used for field communications and dispatching during emergencies and disasters.SCE is sending 12 four-person crews and support personnel, totaling about 90 people. In addition, SCE will be sending 36 contract tree trimmers and 36 contract electrical workers to assist in restoration efforts. In determining how many people to send, SCE assessed its staffing capacity to ensure sufficient personnel remained to support its own system.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV