It’s time to get your game on, as the winter issue of
the flagship magazine of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club, takes readers on a vivid journey through the world of
the sensational new film from Walt Disney Feature Animation. The hilarious and touching film begs the question,
What would happen if a video game bad guy decided he was tired of being bad?
The winter issue of "Disney twenty-three" from D23: The Official Disney Fan Club features the lead characters from Disney's new animated feature "Wreck-It Ralph." (Photo: Business Wire)
Available nationwide on Nov. 13,
answers this question through exclusive interviews with director Rich Moore, writer Phil Johnston, star Sarah Silverman and more. The naturally animated Silverman also offers her personal take on getting toon-ed into the sassy character Vanellope von Schweetz. Along with the new issue, D23 Gold Members will receive a special member-only gift: a vibrant set of pixelated
window clings featuring Ralph, Fix-It Felix, Jr. and the Nicelanders.
Wreck It Ralph
is an imaginative, heartfelt adventure that connects many of our favorite classic video game characters with a host of new ones and is sure to delight Disney fans of all ages,” said Steven Clark, head of D23: The Official Disney Fan Club. “In the winter issue, we invite D23 Members to get in the game as we take them behind the scenes with the stars and creative team of the film.”
The winter issue also celebrates the opening of the new
Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs
exhibit at the Walt Disney Family Museum with an in-depth look at the collection with a peek from Walt’s daughter, Diane Disney Miller, and an exclusive interview with Snow White’s live-action reference model, Marge Champion. Plus,
creative director Warren Spector writes about digging into the Walt Disney Archives to create blockbuster Disney video games.
also offers the latest on exciting new projects from the world of Disney and a look at some celebrated classics. In its pages, Disney fans will be able to:
- Take to the stage as D23’s Billy Stanek and Radio Disney DJ Jake Whetter step into roles in Newsies and Mary Poppins on Broadway
- Learn “30 Thing You Just Might Not Know About Epcot” from never-built attractions to roaming eight-foot-tall dolls
- Enter the Magic Kingdom for a look at Walt Disney World’s spectacular Fantasyland expansion
- Get answers to “23 Questions” with The Little Mermaid, Aladdin and Newsies composer Alan Menken
- Enjoy a tour D23 Presents Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives and see some of the iconic pieces now on display at The Ronald Reagan Presidential Library & Museum
In conjunction with the release of the winter issue of
will feature original and exclusive stories that complement the contents of D23’s beautiful, glossy magazine. Only available on D23.com, beginning November 13:
- Exclusive outtakes and insights from Warren Spector’s revelations about the creation of Disney video games.
- In celebration of The Lion King on Broadway’s 15th anniversary, Julie Taymor and Thomas Schumacher reflect on the opening night of what has become the fifth-longest running show on Broadway.
- Expanded interviews and behind-the-castle-walls photos of the Fantasyland expansion at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom
is delivered directly to the doorstep of all D23 Gold Members, along with a special gift.
magazine is also available at retail locations across the country for $15.95, and can also be purchased online at DisneyStore.com and throughout the Disneyland® and Walt Disney World® Resorts.
D23: The Official Disney Fan Club celebrates the remarkable past, present and future of Disney, taking its name from 1923, the year Walt Disney founded his world-famous company. D23 brings its members a host of exclusive benefits, including a weekly e-mail newsletter; an array of discounts and special offers; free gifts throughout the year; and exclusive, member-only special events.