As the state recovers from Hurricane Sandy, New Jersey American Water urges its customers state-wide to conserve water indefinitely as many of the company’s facilities are operating on emergency generators. In the aftermath of the storm, water service for New Jersey American Water customers has not been interrupted and the company has not issued any boiled water advisories.
“We are working with the power companies to have power fully restored at all of our pumping stations and water treatment plants, and ask that our customers discontinue non-essential water use until further notice,” said Stephen P. Schmitt, vice president of operations for New Jersey American Water. “Voluntary water conservation reduces the demand on the water system while it operates on backup power. We thank our customers in advance for their cooperation in conserving water while power is being restored to their homes and to our facilities.”
New Jersey American Water suggests the following conservation tips for customers:
- Please refrain from nonessential uses of water, such as lengthy showering and bathing, as well as lawn watering.
- Avoid using outdoor hoses for storm clean up. Use a broom instead.
- For customers who have electrical service: Run dishwashers and laundry washing machines only when they are full. If you have a water-saver cycle, use it
- Regularly check your toilet, faucets, and pipes for leaks
New Jersey American Water, a subsidiary of American Water (NYSE: AWK), is the largest investor-owned water utility in the state, providing high-quality and reliable water and/or wastewater services to approximately 2.5 million people. Founded in 1886, American Water is the largest publicly traded U.S. water and wastewater utility company. With headquarters in Voorhees, N.J., the company employs more than 7,000 dedicated professionals who provide drinking water, wastewater and other related services to approximately 15 million people in more than 30 states, as well as parts of Canada. More information can be found by visiting www.amwater.com.Click here to subscribe to Mobile Alerts for American Water.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV