SquareTrade To Begin Offering Warranties At Tesco
LONDON, Oct. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- SquareTrade, the top rated warranty service provider, today announces it has partnered with Tesco, the UK's largest retailer, to offer enhanced warranty protection on consumer electronics purchases. Just in time for the Christmas shopping season, Tesco will be the first high street retailer to offer SquareTrade warranties and is selling the warranties in 358 of its stores throughout the UK.
"We are always looking for ways to give our customers the best possible value for money, and that's true of the protection policies we offer as well as all the products themselves," said Karen Brindle, Tesco Commercial Manager for Aftersales and Services. "We chose SquareTrade as our provider because of its focus on giving customers hassle-free service at a great price."
Tesco Electrical Care powered by SquareTrade is now available for all electrical items sold at UK Tesco stores, excluding mobile phones. In addition to normal malfunctions, the policy protects customers against drops, spills, and other forms of accidental damage. The policy will also offer Tesco customers features that are completely unique to SquareTrade, setting them apart from other warranty providers, including:
- A five day service guarantee for items sent in for repair
- A full purchase price return if the item cannot be repaired, not a depreciated value
- And, if your item is not returned within five days then your warranty is free
- Customers can also manage their plans online at www.squaretrade.co.uk.
"Nowadays, gadget owners are keen to protect their mobile devices from the dreaded accidental drop or spill caused by general human clumsiness," explained Vince Tseng, Managing Director of SquareTrade Ltd. "SquareTrade is delighted to offer Tesco customers an affordable solution for protecting their investment against all sorts of failures, including accidental damage."About SquareTrade SquareTrade is the top consumer-rated technology protection plan provider for consumer electronics and appliances. Available at top retailers worldwide, SquareTrade's service is uniquely researchable with millions of customers who have consistently rated SquareTrade's service 5-stars in reviews. SquareTrade is the 2012 and 2011 winner of both the Stevie Award for Sales & Customer Service, the 2012 People's Choice Stevie Award, and the Golden Bridge Award for Customer Service. SquareTrade's leadership position, innovative business model and high-growth profile attracted one of the largest private capital raises in 2012, with a $238 million round lead by Bain Capital and Bain Capital Ventures. SquareTrade is a privately held company with offices in London and San Francisco. For more information, go to www.squaretrade.com. SquareTrade is a registered trademark of SquareTrade, Inc. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners. PRESS CONTACT: Priya Shah firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 415 541 1000 *1029 SOURCE SquareTrade
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV