Jamba Juice Company (NASDAQ:JMBA), a leading healthy, active lifestyle brand, and the Greater Bay Area Division of the American Heart Association, announced today they will work collaboratively to promote healthy lifestyles in the Bay Area.
Jamba Juice® will promote oatmeal as a heart-healthy breakfast option in its Bay Area stores, and will provide American Heart Association healthy heart educational information to its customers. In addition, Jamba Juice will promote the American Heart Association’s Start Training half-marathon program in 16 of its Bay Area stores to help educate and prepare local customers and Jamba® team members for the Western Pacific Half Marathon in Fremont on May 4, 2013. Start Training is a 16-week fitness training and fundraising program offered by the American Heart Association to help individuals prepare for a safe and satisfying run/walk event.
Jamba’s partnership with the American Heart Association will culminate at the American Heart Association’s Heart of Gold Ball on May 18, 2013 at Wente Vineyards in Livermore. Jamba Juice is a lead sponsor of the event, along with Pleasanton-based Ross Stores, Inc.
In addition to Jamba’s support of Start Training and its oatmeal fundraising promotion, Jamba Juice Chairman, President, and CEO, James D. White will chair the Heart of Gold Ball. The event’s campaign committee will work to raise around $1 million in support of heart and stroke research and American Heart Association programs that focus on the fight against heart disease and stroke, which are the number one and number four causes of death in the United States.“I’ve seen the impact of heart disease and am proud to serve as chair of the Heart of Gold Ball to help raise funds that literally save lives,” said Mr. White. “I accepted the AHA’s invitation to chair the Ball because I am passionate about living a healthy, active lifestyle and want to help others to do the same.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV