MCLEAN, Va., Oct. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Manatee HS ( Bradenton, Fla.) continues its hold on the No. 1 spot in the USA TODAY High School Sports Super 25 national high school football editorial rankings for the eighth straight week -- a week in which all 10 of the top-ranked teams maintained their positioning and only one new school cracked the rankings, St. Edward of Lakewood, Ohio.
The USA TODAY High School Sports Super 25 is now in its 30 th year as the most prestigious high school ranking platform in the nation. Gatorade is the Official Fuel of the Super 25 rankings platform, which includes computer rankings of every major high school football, baseball, boys and girls basketball and boys and girls lacrosse team in the nation
Manatee got three rushing TDs from running back Brodrick Yancy and two from quarterback Cord Sandberg to defeat Palmetto last Friday and improve its record to 8-0, cementing its hold on the top spot in the Super 25 for another week.Behind Manatee, the remainder of the top 10 schools all held rank as well. Completing the Top 5 are 8-0 John Curtis ( River Ridge, La.) at No. 2, 8-0 DeSoto (Texas) at No. 3, 9-0 Bellevue (Wash.) at No. 4, and 9-0 De La Salle ( Concord, Calif.). St. Edward ( Lakewood, Ohio) is the only new addition to the Super 25 this week, earning the No. 24 spot by defeating then-No. 14 St. Ignatius (Cleveland), 20-13, on Saturday as QB Ryan Fallon passed for two TDs. Following is the complete listing of this week's USA TODAY High School Sports football rankings.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV