Ixia (Nasdaq: XXIA) today unveiled the XAir solution to the crowds at 4G World in Chicago, demonstrating live how operators can now use one solution to validate LTE base station performance and bring enhanced network quality of experience to their networks. As the first comprehensive LTE base station validation solution, XAir creates true mobile user behavior to provide operators with performance insight to make informed equipment selection, design resilient mobile networks, accurately plan capacity and quickly troubleshoot problems. Attendees of 4G World in Chicago from October 29 to November 1 can visit booth #332 for a live demonstration.
LTE performance optimization
LTE is the fastest-growing mobile technology ever, with the LTE infrastructure market projected to grow to $17.5 billion by 2016, according to leading research firm Infonetics. But before operators spend billions of dollars on LTE equipment and deployments, they must evaluate and validate the network QoE before it is deployed live to subscribers. LTE base stations are at the heart of LTE networks, and as such, their performance, capacity and quality significantly affect the perceived network QoE.
Ixia’s XAir is the industry’s only product to support three critical dimensions of LTE network validation, realistic subscriber and service modeling, massive scalability, and comprehensive QoE measurements. Support of all three elements is critical to properly evaluate LTE base stations. XAir provides realistic subscriber modeling, supporting web, voice and video applications, all LTE mobility types, and modeling of radio characteristics — cell edge, cell center and user movements. With support for more than 1,000 emulated user equipment’s per sector and more than 6,000 per chassis, XAir is a highly scalable solution. Using XAir carriers can optimize voice quality, including voice over LTE (VoLTE) and video quality by stressing the infrastructure with real-world traffic and measuring QoE. Other features include:
- Complete end-to-end LTE network testing from the LTE base station, through the mobile backhaul and core networks, all the way to the data center.
- QoE analysis and scoring of each traffic stream.
- Mobility over multiple sectors.
- Built-in high-accuracy 10 MHz clock for eNB synchronization.
- Fully compatible with the Ixia XM and XG chassis and load modules for seamless testing with other Ixia hardware and test applications.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts