NOOK Media LLC, a subsidiary of Barnes & Noble, Inc. (NYSE: BKS), the leading retailer of content, digital media and educational products, announced today that it will begin shipping its highly anticipated NOOK HD and NOOK HD+, the lightest HD and full HD tablets this week. NOOK HD, which features the world’s best 7-inch display, and the 9-inch NOOK HD+, more than 20 percent lighter and nearly half the cost of the leading full-size tablet, start arriving throughout the week to customers who pre-ordered the devices online at NOOK.com and in Barnes & Noble stores. This week both devices will roll out into Barnes & Noble’s nearly 700 conveniently located stores for demonstration and purchase, and into 15,000 additional locations through leading retailers that include Target, Walmart and Best Buy this holiday season.
Both tablets feature must-see displays for superior reading and entertainment and NOOK Profiles ™, a unique feature that creates an instantly personalized tablet experience for each family member. Both NOOK HD and NOOK HD+ offer access to the NOOK Store’s 3 million books, a large selection of magazines and apps, and newly launched NOOK Video ™ and NOOK Catalog ™ content for virtually endless reading and entertainment at customers’ fingertips.
“Our two new tablets offer the best quality reading and entertainment experiences, at the best price,” said William Lynch, Chief Executive Officer of Barnes & Noble. “There’s no shortage of new tablets in the market, but with NOOK HD and NOOK HD+, every book read, every movie watched, every game played is rendered in a digital quality never before seen and unmatched by those other tablets. We’re pleased to be shipping our record amount of pre-orders on time, and look forward to customers being able to experience these stunning new tablets in stores this week.”
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV