Ecolab Inc. (NYSE: ECL):
2012 THIRD QUARTER HIGHLIGHTS :
- Record sales of $3.0 billion, +74%, including the impact of the Nalco merger.
- Fixed currency sales +7% compared with third quarter 2011 pro forma fixed currency sales including Nalco operations.
- Reported diluted EPS $0.80, including integration and restructuring charges related to the Nalco merger.
- Record adjusted EPS $0.87, +16%, excluding special gains and charges and discrete tax items.
- Results led by strong gains in Global Energy, Latin America and worldwide Kay, Healthcare and Pest Elimination operations.
|Third Quarter Ended September 30|
|Third Quarter||%||Third Quarter||%|
|(Millions, except per share)||2012||2011||change||2012||2011||change|
|Net Income Attributable to Ecolab||$||238.0||$||154.3||54%||$||258.7||$||177.2||46%|
|Diluted Net Income Per Share||$||0.80||$||0.65||23%||$||0.87||$||0.75||16%|
|* These non-GAAP measures are adjusted for special gains and charges and discrete tax items.|
Ecolab delivered strong third quarter sales and earnings results, as adjusted earnings per share increased 16% over last year and reached the top end of Ecolab’s forecasted range. Results were led by strong growth in its Global Energy, Latin America and worldwide Kay, Healthcare and Pest Elimination businesses.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV