ORLANDO, Fla., Oct. 30, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- Honeywell (NYSE: HON) announced that the Cessna Aircraft Co. has selected Honeywell to provide the most advanced environmental control systems, industry-leading LASEREF navigation and state-of-the-art communications systems for the new Cessna Citation Latitude and Cessna Citation Longitude aircraft. The new business is expected to be worth up to $800 million over the life of the program.
Honeywell will provide the Latitude and Longitude aircraft with high-frequency (HF) radios, LASEREF VI inertial reference navigation systems, digital cabin pressure control and monitoring system (CPCMS), and the environmental control systems (ECS) that will help further improve safety, flight navigation and passenger comfort on these long-range business jets. Honeywell will also provide its industry-leading RE100 auxiliary power unit (APU) for the Latitude, which delivers world-class reliability in a smaller size and weight class than alternative APUs.
Honeywell's Mechanical, Navigation and Communication EquipmentThe Latitude and Longitude aircraft will be outfitted with:
- LASEREF VI, Honeywell's latest generation inertial navigation system, designed to simplify pilot workload while dramatically reducing installation time, weight, size, power and cost. The LASEREF VI reduces operational costs through a 50 percent reduction in box size and over a 30 percent reduction in both weight and power consumption compared with similar systems.
- Honeywell's Primus HF-1050 radios provide improved frequency strength and communication over longer distances compared with current options. The Primus HF-1050 is essential for keeping pilots in communication with ground crews and air traffic controllers in support of long-range travel missions.
- Honeywell's digital CPCMS offers more precise cabin pressure control than previous systems. The CPCMS controller is an all-electric unit that interfaces with the integrated avionics computer to perform fully automated cabin pressure control without the need for flight crew interaction during normal operation.
- The new Citation Latitude and Longitude aircraft also feature Honeywell's most advanced midsize environment control system pack — specially designed to meet the cabin air-conditioning and pressurization needs of the business aircraft marketplace, providing superior cabin comfort in even the most demanding environments.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Jim Cramer + 20 Wall Street pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Real-time trading forum
- Actionable trade ideas
- Real Money + Doug Kass + 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV