- Adjusted net income increased $15.3 million to $32.5 million in the third quarter 2012, or $0.48 per diluted share, compared to $17.2 million, or $0.26 per diluted share, in the prior year period. This increase was primarily driven by United States (U.S.) sales of Zomig ® which was licensed from AstraZeneca pursuant to the previously disclosed January 2012 License Agreement. Adjusted results exclude acquisition-related costs, as well as other items noted below.
- GAAP net income increased $2.8 million to $20.0 million in the third quarter 2012, or $0.29 per diluted share, compared to $17.2 million, or $0.26 per diluted share, in the prior year period.
- Total revenues increased 21% to $145.6 million in the third quarter 2012, compared to $119.8 million in the prior year period, primarily due to U.S. sales of Zomig ®. Partially offsetting this increase were lower generic Rx Partner and Research Partner revenues, as well as the completion in June 2012 of a three-year brand product promotional agreement for which there was no revenue recognized in the third quarter 2012 compared to the prior year period.
- Adjusted earnings before interest, taxes, depreciation and amortization (Adjusted EBITDA), increased to $56.6 million in the third quarter 2012, compared to $32.5 million in the prior year period.
Impax Laboratories Reports Third Quarter 2012 Results
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts