We expect to close the real estate acquisition in phases beginning early November 2012.
ADDITIONAL INVESTMENT TRANSACTIONS
On July 31, 2012, we closed a mezzanine loan facility to lend up to $205 million to Tandem Health Care (“Tandem”), an affiliate of Formation Capital, as part of the recapitalization of a post-acute/skilled nursing portfolio. We funded $100 million (the “First Tranche”) at closing and expect to fund an additional $105 million (the “Second Tranche”) between March 2013 and August 2013. The Second Tranche will be used to repay debt senior to our loan. The loan is subordinate to $400 million in senior mortgage debt and $137 million in senior mezzanine debt. The loan bears interest at a fixed rate of 12% and 14% per annum for the First and Second Tranche, respectively. Including fees received at closing, the loan has a blended yield to maturity of approximately 13%. The facility will have a total term of up to 63 months from the initial closing.
Between July and October 2012, we acquired 12 medical office buildings (“MOBs”) from The Boyer Company valued at $186 million, including non-managing member LLC units (“DownREIT units”) and debt valued at $41 million and $59 million, respectively; the MOBs are primarily located on the campuses of HCA, Iasis Healthcare and Community Health Systems and comprise 758,000 sq. ft. with a current occupancy of 88%. The transaction closed in three stages: (i) six MOBs on July 31, 2012 for $78 million representing 327,000 sq. ft.; (ii) four MOBs on August 15, 2012 for $49 million representing 199,000 sq. ft. and; (iii) two MOBs on October 19, 2012 for $59 million representing 232,000 sq. ft.On August 7, 2012, we completed the acquisition of eight on-campus MOBs for $81 million from Scottsdale Healthcare. Located in Scottsdale, Arizona, the portfolio represents 398,000 sq. ft. with a current occupancy of 89%.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV