Citrix announced today it will be making its market leading GoToMeeting and GoToMyPC products available for free download in the run up to Election Day 2012. The promotion is part of a campaign to drive businesses nationwide to encourage their employees to ‘ workshift’ or work flexibly on November 6, allowing them to make it to the polling stations and make their vote count.
An estimated 90 million eligible Americans are not expected to vote in November’s national election, with 26 percent of those stating that the primary reason is because they don’t have the time 1. Americans lose an average of 50 minutes on top of every working day commuting 2, which makes getting to their polling location on Election Day – typically located near their homes – even more complicated.
“The 2012 presidential election is set to be the closest race in decades, which makes it more important than ever for Americans to make their vote count,” said Erin Hintz, vice president of global marketing at Citrix. “To make it even easier for potential voters to get to the polling stations, we are encouraging businesses to allow their employees to work flexibly on November 6. We also will provide free downloads of our leading collaboration tools so they can get their work done regardless of location.”
Citrix’s portfolio of remote access, web and video conferencing and collaboration services provide simple and effective ways for individuals to work from anywhere, with anyone, at any time on any device. The following products will be available for free download as part of this election promotion:
- Citrix GoToMyPC is a leading remote access product that allows users to securely access their Mac or PC from any web browser – whether that’s from another PC, iPad or Android device – ensuring users never need to go without files, programs or email.
- Citrix GoToMeeting with HDFaces is a simple web conferencing and online meeting tool allowing teams to meet and collaborate face-to-face regardless of location and device.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV