Ruth’s Hospitality Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: RUTH) today reported unaudited financial results for its third quarter ended September 23, 2012.
Highlights for the third quarter of 2012 compared to the third quarter of 2011 were as follows:
The Company reported net income of $802 thousand or $0.02 per diluted share in the third quarter of 2012, compared to net income available to preferred and common shareholders of $85 thousand or $0.00 per diluted share in the comparable period of 2011.
Total revenues in the third quarter rose 5.7% to $84.8 million compared to $80.2 million in the prior year.
- Company-owned comparable restaurant sales for Ruth’s Chris Steak House increased 5.9%.
- Company-owned comparable restaurant sales for Mitchell’s Fish Market increased 4.6%.
- Food and beverage costs, as a percentage of restaurant sales, increased 70 basis points in the third quarter to 31.8% and continue to be driven by unfavorable beef costs.
- Restaurant operating expenses, as a percentage of restaurant sales, decreased 80 basis points in the third quarter to 55.5% due to cost management and the effect of higher sales on fixed costs.
- Marketing and advertising costs, as a percentage of total revenues, increased 60 basis points to 2.6% in the third quarter largely due to a timing shift in advertising from the second quarter to the third and fourth quarters of 2012.
- General and administrative expenses increased $0.2 million to $6.0 million in the quarter.
Check Out Our Best Services for Investors
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Model portfolio
- Stocks trading below $10
- Intraday trade alerts