Monotype Imaging Holdings Inc. (Nasdaq: TYPE), a leading provider of typefaces, technology and expertise for creative applications and consumer devices, today announced financial results for the third quarter ended Sept. 30, 2012.
Third quarter 2012 highlights
- Revenue for the quarter was $38.0 million, a 24 percent increase year-over-year.
- Non-GAAP net adjusted EBITDA was a record $17.0 million, or 45 percent of revenue.
- Operating income was a record $12.4 million, a 30 percent increase year-over-year and 33 percent of revenue.
- Cash flow from operations was $13.5 million, a 25 percent increase year-over-year.
“We had a strong third quarter, with continued momentum in our Creative Professional and OEM businesses, highlighted by innovations that support the three fundamental aspects of our business – our typefaces, technology and expertise,” said Doug Shaw, president and chief executive officer. “Our focus is to continue to diversify while adding meaningful value to our solutions. To that end, we’re excited about the acquisition of Design By Front, which brings to Monotype a powerful design tool for creating compelling websites using Web fonts. We gain a talented team that will expand our ability to serve creative markets.”
“Our continued execution generated record profits for the third quarter, reflecting the strength and flexibility of our business model,” said Scott Landers, senior vice president and chief financial officer. “Even as we continue to innovate, integrate and diversify, we are realizing significant expense leverage. Moving forward, we will continue down this path of delivering even more value to our customers and shareholders.”Third quarter 2012 operating results Revenue for the quarter was $38.0 million, up 24 percent compared to $30.7 million for the third quarter of 2011. OEM revenue was $24.3 million, increasing five percent from the third quarter of 2011. Creative Professional revenue was $13.7 million, increasing 79 percent from the same period last year.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
Jim Cramer and Stephanie Link actively manage a real portfolio and reveal their money management tactics while giving advanced notice before every trade.
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
Jim Cramer's protege, David Peltier, identifies the best of breed dividend stocks that will pay a reliable AND significant income stream.
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
All of Real Money, plus 15 more of Wall Street's sharpest minds delivering actionable trading ideas, a comprehensive look at the market, and fundamental and technical analysis.
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
Our options trading pros provide daily market commentary and over 100 monthly option trading ideas and strategies to help you become a well-seasoned trader.
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV