Illinois School Bus Workers Vote To Join Teamsters Local 777
Despite this anti-worker conduct, the workers were undeterred and stuck together, voting in favor of Teamster representation.
"It was a very contentious campaign, with a lot of bad behavior on the company's part. The real heroes are the drivers and monitors who stood strong against this company that tried every trick in the book," said Jim Glimco, President of Local 777.
"We are proud of the workers in Waukegan who exhibited the true Teamster spirit. They stood up to this employer's bad conduct and stood together for respect and fairness. We welcome them to the Teamster family," said John T. Coli, International Vice President and President of Teamsters Joint Council 25.
The victory is the latest in an effort to organize private school bus and transit workers across the country. Drive Up Standards is a national campaign to improve safety, service and work standards in the private school bus and transit industry. Since the campaign began in 2006, more than 34,000 drivers, monitors, aides, attendants and mechanics have become Teamsters.For more information on the Drive Up Standards campaign, go to www.driveupstandards.org Founded in 1903, the Teamsters Union represents 1.4 million hardworking men and women throughout the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico. Visit www.teamster.org for more information. Follow us on Twitter@Teamsters and "like" us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/teamsters. SOURCE International Brotherhood of Teamsters
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV