Consumer Group Urges Yes On Prop 33 To Lower Auto Insurance Rates For California Latinos, African Americans & Other Ethnic Minorities
SACRAMENTO, Calif., Oct. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- The Greenlining Institute – one of California's most reputable consumer groups – is urging Yes on Prop 33. Prop 33 lowers rates and makes auto insurance more accessible to the state's Latinos, African Americans, Asians and other ethnic communities.
"Simply put, Proposition 33 is good policy that will lead to lower rates by encouraging more competition among insurance carriers in California," said Samuel Kang, consumer advocate and General Counsel for the Greenlining Institute.
" Proposition 33 creates more competition between insurance companies and will ultimately make car insurance more affordable," Kang added. " Proposition 33 creates a more vibrant market for auto insurance by empowering California's consumers to shop for the best deal."
Proposition 33 allows drivers to switch insurance companies and keep their continuous coverage discount. This gives the consumer control and allows them to shop their discount with any company they choose, forcing insurance companies to compete harder, lowering prices and insuring more Californians.For many reasons, Prop 33 has attracted a wide range of other support, including from California law enforcement, firefighters, major veterans' groups, leaders of both political parties, ethnic organizations and chambers of commerce. Supporters are drawn to the fact that Prop 33:
- Lowers auto insurance rates.
- Means more insured drivers and safer streets.
- Restores consumer choice.
- Preserves state regulatory oversight of rates.
- Protects military personnel and others whose policies have lapsed due to unemployment, illness or other factors.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV