CHICAGO, Oct. 29, 2012 /PRNewswire/ -- United Airlines today extended the period during which customers whose flights were delayed or cancelled as a result of east coast weather may rebook their itineraries without fee.
Customers ticketed on flights to, from or through impacted cities from Oct. 28 through Oct. 31 may now reschedule their itineraries for travel through Nov. 7 with a one-time date or time change, and the airline will waive the change fees. Customers whose flights are cancelled or delayed more than two hours may request refunds to the original form of payment. A complete list of impacted cities, details, eligible travel dates and updates are available at united.com.
Affected United Hubs
- New York/ Newark – United has suspended flights today and Tuesday to and from its hub at Newark Liberty International Airport, as well as at John F. Kennedy International and LaGuardia. Conditions permitting, the airline plans to resume inbound flights early afternoon Wednesday.
- Washington – United has suspended flights to and from Dulles International Airport today and most of Tuesday. The airline anticipates resuming inbound flights to Dulles on Tuesday evening, and resuming a more normal schedule of flights on Wednesday. United has similarly suspended operations at Reagan Washington National and Baltimore/Washington International Airport.
- Cleveland – Due to high winds, United has suspended regional operations to and from Cleveland Hopkins International Airport this afternoon. United anticipates resuming service Tuesday afternoon, weather permitting.
- Chicago – Many flights to and from Chicago O'Hare International Airport today are delayed due to high winds.
Due to excessive wind conditions, United is enabling customers ticketed for travel to, from or through Cleveland Hopkins or Chicago O'Hare from Oct. 29 through Oct. 30 to reschedule their itineraries through Nov. 7 with a one-time date or time change. The airline will waive the change fees.About United United Airlines and United Express operate an average of 5,557 flights a day to 378 airports on six continents from our hubs in Chicago, Cleveland, Denver, Guam, Houston, Los Angeles, New York/ Newark, San Francisco, Tokyo and Washington, D.C. In 2011, United carried more traffic than any other airline in the world, and operated more than two million flights carrying 142 million passengers. United is upgrading its cabins with more flat-bed seats in first and business class and more extra-legroom economy-class seating than any other airline in North America. United now has 180 airplanes featuring DIRECTV®, offering customers more live television access than any other airline in the world. United operates nearly 700 mainline aircraft and has orders for more than 270 new aircraft deliveries through 2022, including 25 Airbus A350XWBs and 100 Boeing 737 MAX 9 aircraft. United took delivery of the first of five new Dreamliners it expects to receive this year; in total, United has ordered 50 of the aircraft. United was rated the world's most admired airline on FORTUNE magazine's 2012 airline-industry list of the World's Most Admired Companies. Readers of Global Traveler magazine have voted United's MileagePlus program the best frequent flyer program for eight consecutive years. United is a founding member of Star Alliance, which provides service to 193 countries via 27 member airlines. More than 85,000 United employees reside in every U.S. state and in countries around the world. For more information, visit united.com or follow United on Twitter and Facebook. The common stock of United's parent, United Continental Holdings, Inc., is traded on the NYSE under the symbol UAL. SOURCE United Continental Holdings, Inc.
Select the service that is right for you!COMPARE ALL SERVICES
- $2.5+ million portfolio
- Large-cap and dividend focus
- Intraday trade alerts from Cramer
- Weekly roundups
Access the tool that DOMINATES the Russell 2000 and the S&P 500.
- Buy, hold, or sell recommendations for over 4,300 stocks
- Unlimited research reports on your favorite stocks
- A custom stock screener
- Upgrade/downgrade alerts
- Diversified model portfolio of dividend stocks
- Alerts when market news affect the portfolio
- Bi-weekly updates with exact steps to take - BUY, HOLD, SELL
- Real Money + Doug Kass Plus 15 more Wall Street Pros
- Intraday commentary & news
- Ultra-actionable trading ideas
- 100+ monthly options trading ideas
- Actionable options commentary & news
- Real-time trading community
- Options TV